Thursday, February 28, 2008

Food-related songs (okay a band): Blancmange



Yes, I am a child of the 80s. I remember taping the video below off of MuchMusic, the Canadian equivalent to MTV. And for some reason this song has come back in my head, along with the visual of the band members standing on a pile of furniture. I had the strangest urge to see it again. With the VCR cassette long since taped over, or thrown out, I searched and found it on YouTube (whatever did we do before the You came along?). And it fit right in with this blog because Blancmange is a dessert. But I've never actually made it. And I probably won't. It doesn't realy appeal to me at this time.

Sidebar: I always thought the band Blancmange was a one hit wonder, but when I searched the band name, I found many many more songs and a bio that said they had a number of hit albums. Go figure.

No comments: