I'm not going to even try and explain why it's been almost four months since my last post. Nor am I going to promise to be more regular with the blog posting. Enjoy!
My family is well aware of my love for chocolate, and they often bring home interesting chocolate bars for sampling. This summer was no exception, as my sister-in-law (SIL) went out and picked up four different chocolate bars for a taste-test one night after dinner (she shares my addiction, so it was no great sacrifice).
The four bars selected:
- Dark Chocolate with Melon and Quinoa (Desirs - French)
- Pear Dark (Klaus - French/Swiss)
- Dark Chocolate with Toffee (Valor - Spanish)
- Milk Chocolate Banana Cashew Curry (Klaus - French/Swiss)
Here are the brief notes I made during the tasting:
- Dark Chocolate with Melon & Quinoa: Dark chocolate overpowers any taste of melon. Quinoa adds crunch (and makes us feel healthier while eating it)
- Pear Dark: The dark chocolate overpowered the taste of pear.
- Dark Chocolate with Toffee: I didn’t expect much surprise from the standard chocolate/toffee combination (compared to the interesting options that went before it) and I was not disappointed.
- Banana Cashew Curry: our favourite, thanks to a unique combination of smooth milk chocolate, a fresh taste of banana and subtle hint of curry. We tried to pace ourselves, but this was the first one finished off.
If anyone has any other suggestions for future taste tests, please leave them in the comments!