Wednesday, August 13, 2008

headed to Hollyhock



I'm breaking free of being a "mom" for a while to spend a few days in total rest and relaxation on Cortes Island, BC. The Hollyhock retreat, to be exact. I've never been, but I am meeting a friend of mine (and photographer of the above picture) who makes a point of going at least once a year when she's had enough of the hustle and bustle of her life as a family doc.

If you have read any of my previous postings, you know that I am a big fan of their cookbook: Hollyhock Cooks: Food to Nourish Mind, Body and Soil. You can only imagine how excited I am that I will be able to try their food as they prepare it!

Will they let me bring a camera into the dining room? Will I get over the nerdy feeling I get every time I take a picture of food in front of anyone but my family? (Thankfully, they have finally grown accustomed to waiting for me to finish taking pictures before we sit down to eat anything).

My sister thinks I should bring the recipe book and ask for autographs (and she thinks I'm odd).
I'll be gone for five days. In addition to eating what I think will be delicious food, I'll get a chance to kayak and have a massage. My idea of bliss...

And when I come back, I promise I will post the results of my quest to make Baked Berry Stellas.

No comments: