Wednesday, June 11, 2008

cafeteria food gone upscale



...thin crust mulitgrain pizza with vegetable masala toppings baked in a wood-burning oven
...butternut squash agnolotti in fresh sage butter, red onion and chili flakes
...pâté, brie and tapenades

Definitely not the food of my university days! The Globe and Mail Life section featured a story recently about how campus cafeteria food has gone upscale, leaving me wishing I was back in residence!

This is interesting to me, because not only does it speak to how aware we have become about food (and how this is filtering down generational lines) but it also makes me wonder about what impact this will have on dining expectations and the cooking skills of the students who dine in these cafeterias...

And just how good is the food anyway?


original image courtesy of wikimedia commons

No comments: